Clam Harbour Beach is a long, beautiful white sand beach within the Halifax Regional Municipality. For the past 34 years, the Clam Harbour Beach Sandcastle Competition has attracted hundreds of contestants and “thousands of spectators”.
EVENT UPDATES: See below comments from Halifax Web Site!
1. PARKING – Once the parking lot fills up, you’ll be required to park on the road. Parking is only permitted on the RIGHT hand side of the road as you drive towards the beach. Please respect this request as it permits for easy shuttle bus access and emergency access. No Parking signs are posted along the route as a reminder.
2. ROAD CLOSURE – Depending on the amount of traffic coming in and out of the beach parking lot, there may be a temporary closure of the Clam Harbour Beach Road (at the bridge heading into the beach) to safely allow exiting traffic to leave.(Usually everyone wants to leave between 4 and 6 pm, this will allow us to speed up the shuttle buses departure from the site and get people back to their vehicles!)
2. PICK UP / DROP OFF ZONE – The Pick up and Drop Off zone is only will take place in the spots designated on the map (see below for map)
3. DOGS – We recommend you leave your dog at home – it is extremely hot and not good for the animal to be in the heat for such a long day! Plus Dogs are not allowed on the shuttle buses. (Except service / guide dogs)
4. Alcoholic Beverages – No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park / on the beach!
|Getting to the Beach|
|At the Beach|